Share with others

18 April 2008

Friday Five- Things That Make Me Smile Today...

Today's Friday Five: Five things that are causing me to smile today, and pictures!

1. New shoes! I found these at the Dillard's Clearance store. They are sort of sandally-maryjanes. Comfy. And sturdy. I'm not really a shoe girl, except when I really like a pair...



2. Green! My old-fashioned lilac bushes and day lillies are growing! I am ever expectant for the lilacs this year. I had great hopes last spring, and we were this close to seeing blooms, when a late and very hard frost killed that notion. I am not a green thumb (I keep my family alive, not plants...), so any little measure of success is reason to rejoice.

3. Dinner is cooking! And it's starting to smell good, besides. BBQ pork sandwiches. mmmmmm......
Avoiding "what-should-we-have-for-dinner?" at 5 pm?
Priceless.

4. Clean laundry. I've lost count of how many loads. Maybe 8 complete, 2 in the washer/dryer, 2 to go. Light at the end of the very dark and very long laundry tunnel. For at least a day, anyway...

5. Saturday! Brunch with the ladies at church. Kid sports. A party for a favorite homeschool grad! Preparation for worship on Sunday. And, a weather forecast that says, "Warmer. Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60's."

All reasons to smile this Friday...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The shoes.....they really were meant to be! :)