Share with others

21 April 2008

the One-Word Meme

"Me-me"- a silly quiz about... me. :-)

This is the One-Word Meme. Actually, it should be titled a "One Phrase Meme" because I rarely use one word for anything! I pilfered it from Anne, who doesn't know me. I don't know how I found Anne's blog, but I enjoy it! Her husband is in the Navy, and so was mine, you know, and they live in Hawaii, so did we once, you know, and Anne enjoys books and homeschools her kids and trusts the Lord and... Anne is just a joy to read. (and of course, one can always think about Hawaii...) Thanks, Anne! Visit PTW anytime! :-)

You’re feeling: ready to get going on this day.
To your left: my curio cabinet with little boxes and hearts and music boxes.
On your mind: getting my part of schoolwork finished early this week and preparing for the bible study I'm soon to teach and what the kids will have for breakfast since we are all out of milk...
Last meal included: cheese and green chile. (nachos! yum.)
You sometimes find it hard to: love well enough.
The weather: overcast and still.
Something you have a collection of: little boxes and hearts and music boxes.
A smell that cheers you up: coffee brewing.
A smell that can ruin your mood: poop in the living room! (naughty dog!)
How long since you last shaved: yesterday.
The current state of your hair: disshevled, combed with my fingers. (no video Skype right now...)
The largest item on your desk/workspace (not computer): stack of books from reading this morning.
Your skill with chopsticks: is good enough to survive in China.
Which section you head for first in a bookstore: Biographies or travel.
Something you’re craving: my morning latte- no milk today.
Your general thoughts on the presidential race: not yet really thinking about the presidential race... (check back in September...)
How many times have you been hospitalized this year: 0
Favorite place to go for a quiet moment: in warmer weather- a chair on our side porch.
You’ve always secretly thought you’d be a good: college mascot.
Something that freaks you out a little: people with more than two cats.
Something you’ve eaten too much of lately: Kettle Lightly Salted Krinkle Cut Chips.
You have never: broken a bone.
You never want to: lose a child-like faith.

Now, the Meme protocol is that I choose ("tag" in meme-speak) others with blogs to answer the same questions. I won't specifically do that, but some of you PTW readers who haven't updated your blogs in a while (you know who you are!), here's some inspiration! It's fun to read what others are thinking... If you do it, leave a comment so I can go look!
Blessings today!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Aloha, K! Nice to "meet" you, and thanks for the kind comments.

By the way, my neighbor would really freak you out. At last count, she had over 26 cats! :-)

Megan said...

Anne - is this the neighbor who blows smoke in your window? *giggle*

Anne said...

No, Megan, this is another neighbor. We also have one who plays the accordion very loudly. :-) Interesting neighborhood...

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are a CHEATER!!!!!!! I've done something like that before and they emphasize ONE word. But your little Meme was very interesting.
;-)
kgh

K said...

26 cats?!?! My nose itches and my eyes are starting to water just thinking about it!

Michelle said...

Ha, my sister is working on becoming the cat lady of her neighborhood. All strays flock to her.

Consider me tagged!