Share with others

23 January 2009

7 Quick Takes

Seven miscellaneous and possibly very random thoughts rolling through my head, rolling through our life...

1. my Friday uniform seems to be a Life is Good shirt. I ::heart:: my Life is Good shirts...

2. My Su made "tempting Thai chicken with spicy peanut sauce" (from this cookbook) for dinner last night. Yum.

3. My son has baseball practice tonight. Baseball practice. In January. It's indoors. but still. baseball practice. in January...

4. I'm starting War & Peace. really. yes, it has 1273 pages. no jokes about "light reading," please. I've already heard it. I'm reading it with a friend. She's iron to me.

5. I read Psalm 40 this week. Oh that's my story! His blessings are too numerous to count!

6. I was thinking about "happy" this morning. I decided I'd rather be "content." "Happy" seems so worldly, as if we're not wearing a smiley face, all is not well. For me, "content" allows for joy, for being satisfied, even in the midst of hardhard things, even in suffering. Of course, I'm also reading this. Coincidence? I think not...

7. We had a Betta fish, Prince Christian, who survived a week of Vacation Bible School and nearly three years of neglect, uh, life, in our family before going belly up, providentially, right before we were to be out of town for an extended period of time last summer. The girls have been clamoring for a new betta. Maybe today...

Thanks to Conversion Diary for inspiring 7 Quick Takes!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, I seriously would love that chicken recipe! That is one of my favorite dishes!