Share with others

05 January 2009

Daybook

borrowed from the Simple Woman Daybook...

FOR TODAY (PLACE THE DATE HERE)... Monday, January 5, 2009

Outside my window... Sunshine! Bare branched trees swaying in the wind. A small flock of birds flittering by.

I am thinking... of a friend who was laid off today, of another at a hospital appointment, and wondering why is "the secret building- do not look inside" sign posted on a chair in the middle of my living room?

I am thankful for... my warm house, the cup of dark hot chocolate I'm about to make, grace.

From the learning rooms... American poets and writers, writing on inventions, solving for the unknown, 1Samuel and Samuel and David and Goliath.

From the kitchen... baked potato soup and beer bread

I am wearing... jeans and a long sleeve Hawaiian tshirt and warm socks

I am creating... spread sheets for ESL attendance

I am going... to church for ESL later tonight

I am reading... Acedia & Me: A Marriage, Monks and a Writer's Life by Kathleen Norris and The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs (brand new to the church library!)

I am hoping... that I can sit next to my husband and watch Globetrekker while holding hands tonight.

I am hearing... kids in the kitchen, a ball bouncing, a dog barking.

Around the house... a bunch of kids! my five, plus 5 more!

One of my favorite things... today is being caught up on school plans for the next 3 weeks.

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, haircut, Wednesday night dinner and prayer, baseball meeting, basketball game, road trip

Here is picture thought I am sharing... this is a sign we saw in China, as you are about to step onto an escalator. That's a good reminder, "carefully focused," and not just on escalators, either!

Here's a link to The Simple Woman...
enjoy!

1 comment:

Claremont First Ward said...

I really love this "daybook" idea. I've seen it once before and I love that it's so revealing in a non meme sort of way.

Happy New Year!