Share with others

26 January 2009

I am...

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 26, 2009...

Outside my window... feathery snowflakes, falling in seemingly slow motion.

I am thinking... could be a low turnout at ESL tonight. Winter nights, cold and dark, are a challenge.

I am thankful for... early mornings, the Word, prayer.

From the learning rooms... the end of the Civil War, Emily Dickinson, David and Abigail and Saul and 1Samuel, space travel, solubility, division, graphing a curve, integers...

From the kitchen... pot roast, potatoes and onions in the crock pot

I am wearing... graybrown khakis, a white longsleeve t-shirt, a cardigan. (I'm Mrs. Rogers.)

I am creating... clean laundry. Sheets and towels today.

I am going... no where until ESL tonight!

I am reading... Same Kind of Different and The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment.

I am hoping... to curl up on my bed and read later today.

I am hearing... my girls sing-songing, lunch time chatter.

Around the house... lunch break and then more schoolwork.

One of my favorite things... my children making me a quesadilla and salsa and guacamole for lunch. Better than breakfast in bed!

A few plans for the rest of the week: normalcy. Nothing extraordinary.

Here is picture thought I am sharing.. my L, who has taken to wearing hats all of the time, at work this morning.

Visit other entries in the Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Pink, pink pink and a good book! Lovely!
In my crochet madness I have a few hats around here. Need some more??

Michelle said...

Sounds like snapshots of a good day!