Share with others

07 January 2009

Name that Tune

(Time for the answers- as if the Faithful Reader has been waiting breathlessly in anticipation... HA!)
I have:
made dinner
finished my Sunday School lesson
finished planning the next 3 weeks of schoolwork

Time for fun! :-)

My friends, Michelle at One Crafty Mama and Julie at Crazy for Chipboard, both played this game on their blogs last week, and now it's my turn...

First things first....if you want to play on your blog here are the rules:
Step 1: Put your ipod on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line or two (unless the first line reveals the song title) from the first 25 songs that play. (but 25 is way too many, so I'm only doing 15)
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song title correctly.
(I have no idea how to strike through words ((HELP!!)), so in a day or two, I'll just add the answers...)

(ok- we cheated, because all of the hymns that come up have the title in the first line, and my assistant, k., wouldn't let me...)

1. "Lord I have a heavy burden of all I've seen and know..." Sara Groves, When the Saints
2. "I can't pretend to know what you're thinking, and I can't pretend to know what you're goin' through..." Third Day, Tunnel
3. "Some glad morning when this life is o'er..." Johnny Cash, I'll Fly Away
4. "He's free as a breeze, he's always at ease, he lives in a jungle, hangs by his knees, swings through the trees without a trapeeze, in his BVD's..." Ray Stevens, Gitarzan (this is one of my son's all-time faves!)
5. "You do your work, the best that you can, put one foot in front of the other..." Sara Groves, It Might Be Hope
6. "I was born in the wagon of a travelin' show..." Cher, Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
7. "Everybody gonna dance tonight, everybody gonna feel alright, everybody gonna dance around tonight..." Paul McCartney, Dance Tonight
8. "One man come in the name of love, one man come and go..." U2, Pride
9. "Looked down from a broken sky, traced out by the city lights, my world from a mile high, best seat in the house tonight..." Brandon Heath, Give Me Your Eyes
10. "Se mueve la mano de Dios, en su palabra hay vida..." Salvador, Con Poder (en vivo)
11. "Little yellow house, sittin' on a hill, that is where he lived, that is where he died..." Allison Krauss, Simple Love
12. "I'm just a poor boy and my story's seldom told..." Simon and Garfunkle, The Boxer
13. "Well I left Kentucky back in '49, and went to Detroit workin' on an assembly line..." Johnny Cash, One Piece at a Time (another of J's favorites...)
14. "Moving forward using all my breath..." Modern English, Melt with You
15. "Like to tell you 'bout my baby, you know she comes around..." Van Morrison, Gloria

5 comments:

sperlonga said...

I've seen this on FB. Linnea's friends have been doing it.
I don't have an ipod. :)

Anonymous said...

I used to just love that show! But, alas, no ipod, and not much knowledge of the newer songs! I had no idea what songs some of those words were from! Hope I'm not getting stodgy! XOXOXO, Mom

Michelle said...

I'm so bad at this. Right now the only one that jumped out at me is #14: I'll melt with you by modern english!

I'll see if any others grab me.

Michelle said...

Is #7 - Dance Tonight? I can't think of who sings it. One of the ex beattles?? Paul perhaps?

K said...

r- I rarely listen to the actual ipod, unless I'm traveling. But I love me itunes...
Michelle- #14 and #7 (w/Paul), correct!