Share with others

21 April 2009

Getaway

Took a little weekend getaway, to get away, to get a way, this last weekend- a road trip up north to Minneapolis. Me and two friends and a new friend. A friendly foursome. A frolicking foursome. A funny foursome!

We stayed here, thanks to a great price on Hotwire divided by 4. It was terrific, except for the absence of a hot tub, which we really would have appreciated after a long day of shopping.

Yes, shopping. As far as shoppers go, I am a rank amateur. I don't have the drive. Stick me in a bookstore, and I'm fine. Surrounded by racks and racks... not so much. I'm cheap. But we were in some prime shopping locales. And my first grandbaby is due any minute. I held my own with the pros.

IKEA. Love IKEA. I showed great restraint and stuck, mostly, to my mental list. Mostly. But how can you pass up 99 cent potholders and the like? Tough.
The Mall of America. 4.2 million square feet of retail acreage. Every store you can think of, and then some.
Factory Outlet Mall. By the time we got there, I lost the edge. The snack samples and truffles at Henry & David helped, however...
And, I found a few new books, besides.

Mostly though, it was just good to get away. Marcelene Cox (who is Marcelene Cox?) said, "The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her." I don't know about that, but I do know that it's not just any ol' girls that I would take a road trip with! Thanks ladies! Fun weekend getaway.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun......a girls shopping weekend! I love shopping, but I think that the Mall of America would scare me. :)