Share with others

29 April 2009

You must be there

"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:36-36, 40 (NIV)

"Andrew was visibly moved as he recited these verses. 'Don't you see,' he told us, 'you cannot give a person something to eat unless you are there. You cannot provide drink or clothes, or visit the sick and imprisoned, unless you are there."

from God's Smuggler, Brother Andrew with John and Elizabeth Sherrill.

3 comments:

b said...

Oh...great quote. We're reading God's Smuggler at our church's book club in June. I've never read it and am looking forward to you. Hope you are well. Blessings. B.

sperlonga said...

Cool, is this a picture of Brother Andrew? I've heard of him my whole life. I read God's Smuggler when I was in high school. My grandmother read all those "behind the iron curtain" stories and passed them on. There were LOTS in the 60's and 70's!
Great talk last night! :)

K said...

Yes! That is Brother Andrew, himself! The website for the ministry that has grown from his ministry is www.opendoorsusa.org

We are reading the book in conjunction with our Cold War studies.
The book, the stories of how Brother Andrew trusted God, and of how He provides so very faithfully, were both an exhortation and a tremendous encouragement to me. Good stuff!