Share with others

24 October 2010

Bucket List

My mom sent me this.
Guess I have a few things left to accomplish...
Or, maybe not...  :-)

(X) Shot a gun (OK, a BB gun- that counts, right?)

(X) Gone on a blind date (and married the guy, besides!)

(X) Skipped school (NOT often!! Less than a handful of times, a LONG time ago!)

(X) Been to Canada (British Colombia, and a drive through lower Ontario)

(X) Been to Alaska (BEAUTIFUL!!) (that's me and my kids in Alaska in May 2008)

( ) Been to Cuba

(X) Been to Europe (England, Scotland, France)

(X) Been to Las Vegas (I’d be fine if I never went again…)

(X) Been to Mexico (I spent one college summer in Morelia, Michoacan, and traveling around central Mexico, to Cancun for our honeymoon, and I've been to the border many times)

(X) Been to Florida (we lived in Orlando for 7 months)

(X) Been on a plane

(X) Been to the Grand Canyon (been IN the Grand Canyon, rafting the Colorado)

( ) Been to the Keys

(X) Been on a Cruise Ship (to Alaska.)

( ) Served on a Jury (I've been summoned twice, but both times, we had just moved)

(X) Been lost (more times than I could possibly count!!)

(X) Been on the opposite side of the country (which county?)

(X) Gone to New York City

(X) Swam in the Ocean (Atlantic and Pacific)

(X) Cried yourself to sleep

(X) Played Cops and Robbers –

(X) Played Cowboys and Indians

(X) Played In a Band (Eisenhower Middle School band, flute. Short-lived!)

(X) Sang Karaoke (not well!)

(X) Paid for a meal with coins only

(X) Made prank phone calls (& received them, too)

( ) Laughed until some beverage came out of your nose (I love to laugh, but thankfully, my nose just doesn’t do that!)

(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue

(X) Danced in the rain

(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus

(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe

(X) Watched the sunrise with someone

(X) Blown bubbles

(X) Gone ice skating

(X) Gone Snow skiing

(X) Camped out under the stars

(X) Seen something so beautiful that it took your breath away;

(X) Are/have been married

(X) Have children

(X) Have/had a pet

( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors

(X) Been Street Motorcycling

( ) Been Off road Motorcycling

( ) Ever drive cars at a real Race track

(X) Been fishing

(X) Been boating (my MIL, son, SIL, and grandson on my in-laws' boat this past summer)

(X) Been water skiing (that should more accurately read “tried to water ski”…)

(X) Been hiking

(X) Been Dancing (why is Dancing capitalized? I’ve been dancing. Maybe I haven’t been Dancing…)

(X) Been camping in a trailer/RV

( ) Flown in a small 4-seater airplane

( ) Flown in a glider

(X) Been in an active Air Force jet fighter (well, up on a ladder, looking into one, at an airshow…)

(X) Been flying in a helicopter (over Kauai, into the Grand Canyon)

( ) Been flying in a hot air balloon (only up in a tethered balloon)

( ) Been BUNGEE-jumping (no WAY!)

(X) Gone to a drive-in movie (sigh… I miss the drive-in…)

( ) Done something that should have killed you

(X) Done something that you will regret for the rest of your life

( ) Been to Africa (Man!  I'd LOVE to go to Africa!!)

(X) Ever ride an elephant (at the zoo…)

(X) Ever eaten just cookies for dinner

(X) Ever been on T.V.

( ) Ever steal any traffic signs (but I did borrow a parking meter once. We returned it to Campus Police a little while later.)

(X) Ever been in a car accident

(X) Had a nickname

(X) Ever been in the local paper

(X) Ever been to Asia (China) (Shanghai charm shop, February 2008)

( ) Ever been to Australia

( ) Ever been to Ireland

(X) Ever been in a parade

Favorite drink: fresh brewed ice tea with lemon

Tattoos: no

Do you drive a 4-door vehicle: right now, I'm only RIDING in 4-door vehicles- taxis!

Favorite number: 8

Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving

Favorite dessert: Ice Cream or Chocolate Mousse

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Continuing to serve on the US/Mexico border, with children and grands to visit. I’m excited!

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Wow, you had time not only to READ that whole thing but to fill it out??? Whew!

norsk said...

Come on, you've done all those things yet never been skinny dipping....What a great list! Actually, I've never been skinny dipping either, but have rolled around in snow with only a swimsuit on, that should count for something, right?
Miss you.

candjstoughton said...

Most of the things you have yet to accomplish are not even on that list! Your own list is far more challenging and exciting! Go for it! Just fill that bucket and then begin to empty it! Enjoy!
XOXOXOXO