Share with others

08 October 2010

Temblor!

Earthquake tonight! 
At first, we thought it was a truck going by, but then we realized,
That's not a truck!
(that's what I thought at the beginning of  the last time I was in a significant earthquake, too...)

This one lasted long enough for me to start thinking that maybe I should unlock the front door and think about how to get out.
And then it was over. 

The USGS says that it was 5.9, and was centered 26 miles NNW of San Jose, so we figure that's about 30 miles from us. 

Close enough, I'd say.

Tim and the twins were walking friends home when it happened.  They didn't feel it at all.  When told she missed an earthquake, L replied, "I was doing the Jerk.  I was already shakin'!"

So, that's what's shakin' here...
snort!

1 comment:

Marcy {pine creek cottage} said...

Oh, I'm so glad you are alright! Amazing that some might not have felt it . I would be the one feeling every movement and preparing for the worse. I've never felt an earthquake and that's okay with me!