Share with others

11 March 2013

70/365

I love a fair. And that's basically what the Rio Grande Livestock Show and Rodeo is.

We watched the showmanship events and walked through the exhibits. We cheered at the goofy Magic Comedy show and oooohed at the alligator show and giggled at the "historical hysterical" western gunfight. We drank lemonade and snacked on a funnelcake and licked our soft serve cones.  And maybe best of all, the midway wasn't even open so I didn't have to think about paying for the rides.

Next year, the rodeo!

Today, thanks to friends, my son started working at the Stock Show- at a game on the midway. A story our friends from the Midwest will appreciate- in the interview he was asked, "what's your previous employment?" He answered, "I've detassled corn." Turns out the guy who owns the game is from Indiana, and told my son, "Oh then, this will be a piece of cake."

See all the photos from the day at the RGV Livestock Show 2013 album on Picasa.

No comments: