Share with others

12 March 2013

list 8

Chocolate mousse!!
I forgot to write chocolate mousse.

One of The Best Meals I Have Ever Eaten was at The Boat Shed, on the water in Bremerton, Washington. Dear old friends came to visit, and Tim was out to sea and the twins were just little, less than 2 years old, I think. But our friends have a passel of kids and they were old enough and responsible enough and experienced enough to babysit my 5. So the adults went out to dinner. In those days, going out and talking to adults uninterrupted, THAT was rare and luxurious.

We ate and talked and looked out over the water. In truth, I don't remember what the main course I ordered that night. But I do remember, I had chocolate mousse for dessert. And I had friends that loved me well when I really needed it most.

(hmm... thinking about it, don't the greatest food memories come in the context of relationships and place?)

No comments: