Share with others

29 March 2013

87/365

On that last Thursday,
Jesus went to the Upper Room,
washed the disciples feet,
shared the Last Supper,
prayed for his friends,
asked that this cup might be removed
and "not my will but Yours be done,"
was betrayed by Judas,
arrested,
and mocked.

Not one of those actions was accidental, happenstance or coincidental. In every one of those actions, Jesus very purposely demonstrated his love for us. On that Thursday night, Jesus told his disciples, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34) On that Thursday night, Jesus loved me, even to his death.

On this Thursday, I am humbled and grateful.

No comments: