Share with others

14 November 2017

303/365

In truth and in short confession, I know that the rules state No Photography. I'm pretty sure that does not just mean No Flash Photography. But I'm awfully proud of this girl- today is her first day of practice with the team. And I don't have opportunity to stand in the doorway and sneak peeks at her flip-flop twisting and leaping very often. I want to document the moment. So I hold my phone stealthily, as if I'm tricking someone, as if I'm intently looking at the screen and not at my gymnast as she somersaults her way across the springy floor. I know, I know- the lighting is too bright and the subject is blurry and overall, the photo is lousy, and I don't get a second pass. Yet despite all that, for me, this photo I'll keep, a visible reminder of this point in time. This capture of a moment will remind me of the faithfulness of our God to answer prayer and to work out the details when we didn't know how, of just how quickly time passes, and of the girl I could once hold in two palms who now springs across the gym.

No comments: