Share with others

24 November 2017

315/365

If you fall in love with the holiness of God, it’s a dangerous place to be. Your attitude towards the nations, the unreached peoples of the world will undergo a profound change.
- John Piper, "Holy and Good- But Never Safe"

All day long, for three days, really, long, full, dawn to dark days, I remind myself, "I am an ambassador for Christ." I talk to people about missions. I talk to people about how to use English to reach the nations. I talk to people about what we get to do every day in northern Mexico. I talk to people about the enormity of the grace of Christ, about ways to serve, about making disciples, about "Go, therefore..." 

But also, I see and hear of what is happening around the world. I talk to friends who serve in places around the globe, who labor in faraway and difficult places, who are doing such remarkable things, who are seeing the answers of the prayers of the saints, who persevere through the seemingly impossible. I am awed and I am grateful. I remember, not so long ago, I looked at those works and thought, "maybe there, maybe we should go there..." 

Today I am thankful for exactly where I am, for exactly what I am doing, for exactly the people I serve alongside. I am grateful.

And one called to another and said:

No comments: