Share with others

16 November 2017

308/365

When we left the house in the morning, the skies showed gray and the temps settled low, a pretty cool (and I'm not meaning "hip" or
"fashionable"...) fall morning, even by the standards of the folks who live here. And I was freezing. I gazed out the window as we drove by the cornfields, thinking of my farmer friends, thinking of the harvest yet coming in. And then I realized- there was white scattered over the dark earth. I considered, what could it be?
I even asked my husband, "What's that white stuff in the fields?"
Ummm...
Snow. It was snow.
(full disclosure- I realized my error VERY quickly! And then I had a good laugh at myself, honest, I did!)

Dear Midwest,
You are lovely. But it's the front of November. And I've been living in south Texas and northern Mexico for a while now. My blood has thinned; I really do think it has.

Now I remember what I don't miss...


No comments: