Share with others

15 August 2007

Feet

"How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince's daughter!" Song of Solomon 7:1

As part of the pre-wedding festivities, all the ladies in A's life took part in manicures and pedicures. Look at those toes!

This was all new to us! We were pampered. We sat in massage chairs, our toes in a swirling whirlpool bath with deep aqua tinted salts. Kind ladies said nothing about the state of our feet, but scraped and rubbed and clipped and painted. Oh, the colors to choose from! Lavenders and pinks and melons and irridescent whites that change in the sun. I'm the bright red. A traditionalist, I suppose.

How long does this last, now that we're back to the reality of everyday living, sandals, soccer cleats, running barefoot through late summer grass? Ahh, but it was fun for a day!

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Love those feet! Red is my fav. although I don't wear it myself. What different shapes toes have!

K said...

HA! Tim always shouts "yabba dabba doo!" when talking about my stubby toes because he thinks they look like Fred Flintstone's. Better than monkey toes, I say...

C and J said...

I just loved watching and being a part of it! What fun!