Share with others

08 August 2007

Transmitting a love language...

My beloved knows me. This VERY COOL weather radio was my birthday gift this year. See that little crank on the side? You don't even need batteries to run this baby. It gets AM, FM, 2 TV audio settings, and 7 weather stations (if 7 weather stations actually existed in one place, which I don't think they do...). It has a light and a flashing red light, and a siren. It has a little hole for a cell phone adaptor and one for an AC adaptor (as in electricity, not Air Conditioning, which would make this a MIRACLE radio...). The tuning dial has a fine tuning option, so you can really just barely move the dial to tune in to a station perfectly. (one of the MOST ANNOYING things about digital radio dials- no fine tuning!) It has a nifty handle on the top, and a sturdy looking carrying bag for travel. And, he ordered it in my favorite color. My beloved knows me!

I have a long love affair with radio. When I was growing up, I had an AM transitor radio that I would listen to at night, in my bed. I could get a station all the way from Denver! Right now, as I type, I am listening to the weather station. I love this! "Today, mostly cloudy, with a chance of thunderstorms... Chance of rain 70%..." What could be better- weather and a cool radio, all in one?!

Thanks, beloved!

4 comments:

sperlonga said...

Wow! How cool! And with weather like this today to make it ALL THE MORE more exciting to listen to the weather. I can see the next downpour moving across our field.....

C and J said...

You can get all of that on one little radio? WOW! You always have loved to listen to the radio, even in the wee small hours of the night, when you were in high school! This one is quite cool! So is your beloved! So are you!!!

C and J said...

PS...Do you still listen to SJR?

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).