Share with others

04 November 2008

Bipartisan offenders

Last night, among the five telemarketing calls we received, the only one to leave a message was Lee Terry, US Representative for the 2nd District of Nebraska, who told me, (I am NOT making this up...) "I was just calling seniors in the District tonight to talk about Social Security..."

Seniors? Social security? Sure, the grays are coming out, but SENIOR?

A few minutes ago, a few folks, in their "Vote November 4th" t-shirts, toting Obama signs, looking quite perky and ready to sway the 'hood, parked in front of my house, stood on my freshly repaved sidewalk, looked at their sheaf of papers, looked at my door, and then... split to walk in different directions.

Don'tcha want to talk to ME? Tell ME to vote? Tell ME about change we can believe in?

But, that's ok. I already voted. We're off to seek free donuts and coffee...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could use a donut and cup of coffee about now. We voted at 7:00 a.m. so we could get back to the fields before the weather change.

sperlonga said...

That's what Will was doing in his towns until 9 last night. Guess they read your house number wrong. They only go to undecided voters!!!! Probably would've been fun to talk to them. Actually, probably all they were doing was asking if you had voted yet. They were past the convincing you stage!

Michelle said...

LOL......well, you are going to be a Grandma.