Share with others

05 November 2008

My Country, My President

As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, we are not enemies but friends. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
Barak Obama, Victory Speech, Chicago, IL, November 4, 2008

I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president. And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.
John McCain, Concession Speech, Phoenix, AZ, November 4, 2008

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Aw, this time you beat me to it! I was all set to put that first comment into a blog post of mine. I think I'll just make a blog and link it to yours. K. these last three blogs of yours are wonderful. Thanks for your positive spirit and your inspiration. What a blessing, what an example.
I have to say, I have a couple of very emotional children around here!

sperlonga said...

McCain's speech was the best speech I'd ever heard him make. It truly was a presidential speech. Wish he had sounded like that the whole time. He was so gracious. Too bad his supporters couldn't follow his example.

Michelle said...

You picked two perfect quotes. :)