Share with others

09 December 2008

7 Random Things

I'm thankful for my friend, Michelle, One Crafty Mama. She is an ever-flowing, never-ceasing fountain of bloggy ideas for me. Go visit her and leave her a comment and tell her hi! She loves comments!!

Today she has inspired me with the Seven Random Things tag.
7 random things about me, that is...


1. My dad made me learn how to drive stick shift and display proficiency in parallel parking and starting and stopping on hills before I could get my driver's license. At the time, it was terribly painful. Now, I am beyond grateful. I can even parallel park the monster van with confidence!


2. Speaking of that van, it recently got me a free meal at Arby's for being the "bus driver" of K and the 8 girls on her volleyball team!


3. Every time I took a vocational aptitude test in high school, it said I should be a physical therapist. Every time! I'm not.


4. I have visited 48 states. I'm only missing Maine and Kentucky. Go figure.


5. The first biography I ever read was about Henry Ford. I then read every biography of Henry Ford in the school library. Honest.


6. I've never read Gone with the Wind. I don't feel too bad about that.


7. When I was in college I worked on Capitol Hill one year and I ran into Senator Ted Kennedy. Literally. Smacked right into him. I quickly apologized, and then noted that he didn't look so good. That was in 1987.
(my daughter just commented that NO ONE looked good in 1987. Snort. good one.)


And if those aren't random, I don't know what is!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, are you calling me a comment junkie? Guilty as charged! :) I'm glad to be a source of blogging inspiration.

Great job with the random facts. I did not know that you have been to all but two states (or maybe I did and forgot).

I have never read Gone with the wind either.

sperlonga said...

How CAN you think this stuff up? I would be sitting forever w/o some stimulus!
The first bio I remember reading was about Marie Curie! After that I always felt affinity for her. Funny, huh?

ashley said...

Of course you can link me. Although I'm not sure anyone will care, but I suppose that's the very nature of blogging. :)