Share with others

17 December 2008

Justice without mercy

"Mercy without justice is unthinkable. But justice without mercy is unbearable."

Zoe Sandvig, The Point, 15 December 2008

Sometimes doesn't it seem as certain words and ideas show up, in your reading and disussion and thoughts, more frequently than others? "Justice" and "mercy" have been two of those words for me, recently. I taught on Philippians 4:8 last week, and later, was challenged by a friend by some thoughts, and then came across this blog post.

I'm still learning.
And I'm grateful that both justice and mercy are perfected in the work of Christ.

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

The book Les Miserables has great examples of justice and mercy. The priest vs JeanValJean and Javert vs JeanValJean. Great story.

Sometimes the ESV translates "mercy" as "steadfast love" as in Ps. 100:6 "His (mercy KJV)steadfast love endures forever".

I love the term "steadfast love"!