Share with others

16 February 2010

Simple- 16February2010

FOR TODAY, Tuesday, 16February, 2010...

Outside my window... snow on rooftops, snow on trees.  shades of gray.  winter.

I am thinking...  about a conversation last night with a man from Haiti, about friends contemplating a diagnosis, about travel north on marginal roads today.

I am thankful for... morning.  my husband.  my latte.  The Word.  Quiet.  and peace.

From the learning rooms... research papers.  plant dissection.  spelling lists.  ogden nash.

From the kitchen... beef roast in the crock pot.  dishwasher needing to be emptied.  dirty dishes needing to be put away.

I am wearing... layers.  several.

I am going... north, with a bunch of basketball players this afternoon.  praying for good roads.

I am reading... in fiction- The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, in non-fiction- With Justice for All by John Perkins, in the mornings- The Glory of Christ by John Owen, and still, W&P.

I am hoping... to see sunshine today. to feel sunshine today!

I am hearing... the shower running upstairs.  the tap of keys.  can you hear quiet?

I am smiling... thinking about sliding under my van, again, while trying to get in yesterday.  for the fourth time this month!  ridiculous!

I am enjoying... the Winter Olympics on tv.  Especially freestyle skiing.  And snowboarding.

I am remembering... Psalm 40:5- "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts towards us; There is none to compare with Thee..."

Around the house... barely moving.  Only 3 of 7 awake.  the calm before the rest of the day.

One of my favorite things... getting into a car warmed by the sun.  that hasn't happened here for a good long while, but it sure sounds nice...

A few plans for the rest of the week: basketball. wednesday night dinner.  soccer.  birthdays!  dinner with friends!  prayer.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...  this, with toasted sourdough bread, and a cutie orange, and coffee.  mmm!  breakfast. 

2 comments:

Joetta said...

I recognize that jam! Have a safe trip north today.

norsk said...

How is W&P going?