Share with others

08 February 2010

super duper

Like 95 million other folks around the world, you could find the H family watching the Super Bowl 44 last night.  It's sort of become a tradition, a reason to eat Velveeta cheese dip and other junk food we pretty much only have once a year.   The kids laugh at the halftime show- "how old ARE those guys?"  We were mostly rooting for the Colts, though we tend to pull for the underdog, so that seemed to change at any moment.  And who would have thought that by the 4th quarter, the Colts would be the underdog?

But mostly, we like the commercials. 
I thought the Focus on the Family Tim Tebow ad was well done.
The adults laughed at the Snicker's ad with Betty White playing football, just because it was Betty White.  (do you remember Betty White from Password?  I loved that show...)
We all laughed at the LeBron James/Dwight Howard McDonalds ad, especially "and Olympic style landing..... ahhhhhhhhh!"
Brett Favre playing in 10 years...  :-)
I liked the Flo TV "Moments" ad- because yes, I was there.  So were you. (even so, it doesn't come close to convincing me I need tv in my car!)
Yes, that was me who thought the Burger King King was jumping into Dante's Inferno.  I missed the first few seconds of the spot and all I saw was the crown falling into the inferno.  (but honest, wouldn't THAT be a great commercial?  that King creeps me out!)
Everyone cheered when the bull busted through the fence to run with the Bud Clydesdales.

My favorite commercial?
Because I love that Google so kindly corrects my spelling.
And they got married, and then had a baby. 
See them all at the CBS Sports website.

ps.  enough of GoDaddy.com and Denny's screaming chickens!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm not going to lie, I teared up at that Google commercial.