Share with others

16 September 2010

91 days of summer- 87


For my North Americans homemaker friends...
this is our dish soap.

Es pasta.
(Spanish translation: "it is paste," NOT spaghetti!!)
The label tells me that it is "powerful in cold water"- which is good, because we never have REALLY hot water.  Usually it's lukewarm and falling...

It was an adjustment.  I've been a loyal Dawn fan for many years.  But, I'm learning to like it.  Except when I have to let a dish soak.  Then you have to smoosh the pasta up to get it to dissolve, and add water at full force to make it bubble.
(Confession:  in my head, bubbles=cleaning.  I know that it's not necessarily true.  But nonetheless...)

Psheesh!  Is this Helpful Hints from Heluisa or what?  :-) 

1 comment:

ashley said...

wow. dish soap paste. I can see why you said that even looking at the cleaning supplies was confusing!

I never really thought how even cleaning techniques can vary from culture to culture!