Share with others

04 September 2010

worthwhile, #1

Allen Levi, Ben May, and I stood on Wendell Berry’s front porch as nervous as schoolboys. Allen had prayed aloud as we pulled up to the little Kentucky farmhouse that God would keep the visit from descending into some goofy hero worship, and that we’d remember who we are, that somehow our visit would amount to a blessing to the Berrys even as it would be to us. Basically it was, “Dear God, don’t let us be dummies.”

Andrew Peterson, Paying Attention: A Visit with Wendell Berry, via The Rabbit Room

Be certain- I'd be praying the same thing!
For my friends that so enjoy Wendell Berry, Paying Attention is a great piece on three fellows who were able to spend an afternoon with Mr. Berry and his wife, Tanya.

And after that, I'm pining for a visit with Jayber Crow and Hannah Coulter all over again...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh friend, I LOVED that blog post by Andrew Peterson. And yes, it made my heart ache for my dear Port William friends. Much as I love my new Kindle, those books WILL be making the hard copy cut.