Share with others

28 January 2011

January Reflections '11- Hope

from the last set of prompts for January Reflections at The Glorious Impossible:

Hope: What do you hope for? Not the obligatory religious answer, but your true naked heart's desires. Are these the things that God's heart is passionate about?

What do I hope for?
I don't even know what the obligatory religious answer should be.
I do know what Paul's answer would have been.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.
Ephesians 1:18-19

I hope...
that my children will forever love the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength.
that my husband and I will grow old together, cherishing each other all the more.
that I will learn to communicate well in Spanish.
that we will see the nations come to Him.
that He will give us opportunity to serve widows and orphans, the lost and the sojourning.
that He will make me bold and zealous for Himself and for His people.
that in the end, I will hear "well done good and faithful servant."

(and yes, I also hope for a comfortable bed, a hot shower, sunshine at the beach, miraculous clarity with the subjunctive tense, a bag of Dove dark chocolate covered almonds, that my sandals last until the end of April, when we can be with family again, and time with friends that are sisters)

(photo credit: photo © 2008 Tambako The Jaguar more info via: Wylio via: TheGloriousImpossible)

No comments: