Share with others

16 October 2011

Five Minute Friday- "Catch"

I write in this space because there are so many words to say,
and sometimes I write because there seem to be no words at alI.

I write in this space because there are stories to tell, moments to share, thoughts to speak out loud.

I write in this space because my friends eyes would bug out were I to send every epistle I tapped out.

(Mostly, I don't think about audience when I write, except for what brings glory to God.
But I try not to forget audience, remembering that there are others who stop by and check.)

I write in this space because there is so much that is beautiful and good and true, even in a world that can be so much the opposite.

I write in this space because sometimes it makes the far away a little bit more close.

I write in this space because of curiosity and discipline and joy.

I write.

(those of you who write &/or blog- how do you describe why?)



A day late, but today I write as part of Five Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama.
She writes, "On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.
We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
Won’t you join us?

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
Catch…"

(photo: a snapshot of my desk this morning. That's what it typically looks like when I write on the computer...)

No comments: