Share with others

24 October 2011

Things I HAVE done...

As a follow-up to last week, I'm thinking about things I HAVE done. And man! I'm blessed.

1. lived in 12 states, and visited 49.
2. stood on the Great Wall of China
3. watched Old Faithful spout
4. ziplined through a rainforest in Costa Rica
5. visited an Indian pueblo on a feast day
6. suffered a "surfing" injury in Panama (ok- so it was really just me playing in the waves. But they were BIG waves! And it was Panama!)
7. seen a sloth in the wild
8. driven on Route 66
9. climbed to the Statue of Liberty's crown
10. birthed 5 children without anesthesia (truthfully, I was more afraid of the anesthesia than I was to give birth without it)
11. taught 5 kids to read
12. tutored women inmates to take the GED tests
13. been lost frequently (well, technically, NOT lost- just "temporarily disoriented"...)
14. coached several youth soccer teams
15. brushed a rhinoceros
16. been to a David Bowie concert
17. watched the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
18. rafted the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon
19. hitchhiked, and given strangers a ride
20. read through the Bible, Genesis to Revelation, for the last four (or five?) years
21. learned to keep volleyball score
22. mourned with those who mourn and rejoiced with those who rejoice

and that's off the top of my head!

Thanks to Mama's Losin' It for the prompt.

1 comment:

norsk said...

We share some of these...8, 11 - although 3 for me - 13, 15 - not really, but I petted an elephant, 17. I feel most accomplished and humbled by number 11!