Share with others

06 February 2009

7 Quick Takes

1. Current temperature- 59F! I am wearing no socks! And I'm not cold! (& it's still February, so every single exclamation point is justified... :-)

2. Yesterday I received a letter from this group notifiying me that I am "a potential candidate to represent the professional and business community" of my town. Huh?
It did make my entire family laugh out loud, however...

3. Our new fish, Finneas, jumped loose when S. was moving him to clean the bowl today. And then, when I went to scoop him off the table, he flipped off and slid down the wall. And amazingly, survived! Bet that experience raised his little piscatorial heart beat.

4. We bought these daisies today at Whole Foods. We love daises. We love Whole Foods. If there is a Whole Foods near you, go here to enter to win flowers for a year. (& if there isn't WF near you, and you know who you are..., take consolation that you do have the beach...)

5. I'm reading A Year in the World: Journeys of a Passionate Traveler. A friend asked why? It's the closest I'm getting to warm weather exotic travel right now...

6. Today the newspaper reviewed this restaurant, that is near my neighborhood. I am ready to go.

7. This week, I've been mourning and praying for a family going through a tremendous amount of suffering. Here is hope for a time of immense sorrow-
We went through fire and through water;
Yet Thou didst bring us out into a place of abundance.

Be sure to check out Conversion Diary to see other quick takes this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder to be grateful for the beach...:-) it does compensate for not having a WF and a B&N. :-) enjoy them while you have 'em! ;-)

anna said...

hi! i found your blog through conversion diary. cute! i love the title!
i wish there was a whole foods where i am. but i'm three hours away from one. and no beach either!

Michelle said...

Flowers for a year....now that would be nice wouldn't it?