Share with others

18 February 2009

Wordful Wednesday- 10!

It's Wordful Wednesday!

My twins are 10.
10 years old!
A decade!

When we had one very little girl, a cranky little baby, but absolutely a genius first born in the eyes of her parents :-), I thought I knew a lot. Then we had a very chubby and extremely content little boy, and I thought “NOW I know everything! A girl. Fussy, sleeps rarely. A boy. Happy, sleeps and eats.” And then I had number 3, and if it is possible for there to be yet another 180 degrees of difference, it was that little girl. “OK! NOW we’ve seen it all!” That was about the time I received the biggest and most unexpected surprise of my life. I was at a standard 17 week ultrasound appointment when a friendly radiology tech told me, “Your husband is going to be surprised when you tell him that you are having twins.” TWINS! “OK Lord! I surrender! I confess I don’t know a thing!”

I am convinced that parenting is the ultimate example of the old adage, "the more you know, the more you realize you don't know." But I do know that God is good. I do know that my children, and these two girls that arrived in a span of 8 minutes, are our delight. These two girls make me laugh every single day. They love each other like an old married couple. They love others selflessly. And their dad and I absolutely rejoice at watching them grow.

Happy double digits girls!

Click over to SevenClownCircus for more Wordful Wednesday posts...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I was wondering if you were going to put the girls up today in a WW post!

Such little beauties! Happy double digits girls!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday twins.

Now that our children are married, we look back and give thanks to God for his faithfulness and grace to us as parents and to our covenant children

sperlonga said...

You can tell I must've been busy yesterday, I didn't comment on this! I didn't even KNOW until the end of class!!!! So they got my birthday wishes then.

Mrsbear said...

They're beautiful, happy 10th to them, and you. I can't imagine what that must have been like to hear twins! What a blessing. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. ;)

carrhop said...

They are just darling! We had a similar ultrasound visit just 2 years ago!

Blessings!

Karen said...

Wow, Happy Birthday! I can't believe they are now 10 wow. Seems not too long ago you were pregnant!

C and J said...

And, oh my goodness, I remember when you called to tell us! What a surprise, which has become more delightful with each year! We love you, L and S! Happy Birthday and happy year ahead! XOXOXOXOXO!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday to your girls!!!! ( I know, I know, I'm a little late....)