Share with others

28 March 2010

March Madness?

No.  March Sadness. 
For the first time since I've been playing the NCAA Tournament brackets, I'm not in the Final Four. 
Not one team.

The heartbreak started with Villanova, and then Kansas, and before the first weekend was over, I had no teams in the Final.  But still, I picked 11 of the Sweet Sixteen, so I was hopeful to gain enough points to maintain. 

Nope.
This weekend both Syracuse and Kentucky fell, and alas, I'm officially out.
And how is it that Duke is the only number 1 seed I didn't pick, and Duke is the only number 1 seed to make it in the Final Four?
That's the kind of year I had.

So, in honor of my husband's home state & my sister's alma mater, go Michigan State! 
(but shhh... really, I'm rooting for the underdog, er, Bulldogs...)

(photo credit:  AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

No comments: