Share with others

18 March 2010

Three things- good news, bad news

1.  March Madness!  The good news- our alma mater, the University of New Mexico Lobos, is in the tournament and seeded #3.  The bad news- I made my picks on the ESPN NCAA Tournament Challenge, but somehow, I didn't enter the challenge in my own family's group.  So, when I beat everyone, no one will know.  (HA!)  Fortunately, I did pick my bracket, so I can at least follow along, even if not "officially."
Everyone's a Lobo, woof, woof, woof!

(photo credit- UNM Athletics)

2. March weather- the good news!  Two days of sunny skies and a high today of 64 degrees!  Much rejoicing.  The girls sat out front and played silly games; the boy had his first baseball practice of the season; the man painted kitchen cabinet doors in the yard.  The bad news- tomorrow's forecast:  high of 38, 2-3 inches of snow by Saturday morning...

3.  March visitors-  the good news!  We were delighted to welcome this family to our house early this week.  It is exciting to hear about the work they are doing in the Mexican state of Zacatecas, and how the Lord is using this family to minister to many.  And it is a true delight to have little ones in the house!  The bad news- is probably for our guests.  :-)  I come from a line of tremendous hosts.  Staying with either of my parents is akin to staying in a first class resort.  Poor Liz and Rey- they graciously shared space with all seven of us, including the bathroom.  All of our meals are "family style."  It's rarely quiet (although we did try to keep it down for sleeping babies...).  But to treat someone as family is the greatest compliment, right?  We're not fancy, but we promise to love you like our own... 

Blessings!

4 comments:

caron said...

i love the bad news there. i can't imagine it any other way. so wonderfully alive with activity, conversation, interaction, etc. i wish i would have been the guest!!!
thanks again, kristy. much love!!

sperlonga said...

Yay you got their blog. i'll have to link it too. they had a much quieter stay at my house. pretty dull after the activity at the h.hotel! But they had the whole upstairs to themselves. We had fun with the babes as well.

caron said...

rachael!! thanks so much for having them, too!! hope you got my message (figured that may be best way to reach you since you were teaching). oh, i just love knowing so wonderful people that i know are loving & hospitable. makes me wish i could go on furlough...um...but by myself.

did i just say that? :)

Anonymous said...

the picture of the girls outside does my heart good! I rejoice with you...NO SNOW!!!