Share with others

24 March 2010

Telling about twins...

Abraham and Molly Piper have recently found out that they are expecting twin girls, which is a cause for much rejoicing!  Molly has posted a video of sharing the news with their 5 year old son, Orison.  Priceless!

In the interest of full disclosure however, I should admit that I am completely biased because of our own twin girls.  Orison's response took me back to when we told our son, 3 years old at the time and sandwiched between two sisters, 5 & 2, about the babies.
"Two girls," my husband told him.
"Two boys," he answered.
"No, two girls," my husband repeated.
"One boy," my son bargained.
"No, two girls," said my husband again.
"Are you serious?" asked my son. (and at that point in his speech development, it came out more like "seer-wi-us," which added to the preciousness of the moment...)

He might not have shared Orison's thought that the only thing better than one sister would be 25...  :-)

This picture makes me smile, and shake my head in wonder.  It is an outtake of a series of photos, the best of which was sent to my husband way back when.  The photo was taken when the baby girls were just 4 months old.  My husband the submariner had been out to sea for the previous 2 months.  We had traveled to NM for my sister's wedding, and were waiting on his return.  Oh was I tired!  But it is sweet to see those faces, and know that even in my inadequacy, then until now, the Lord has been sufficient for us. 

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them 
Psalm 127:4-5

2 comments:

norsk said...

Oh, that was cute!

Joetta said...

What a cute picture!! I like the way J is holding the head still for the pic!!