Share with others

26 October 2008

Creeds

I know this one by heart, and as such, it is a familiar comfort, and truth for me, but I adore the beginning of the Nicene Creed-

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God; begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.

God of God.
Light of Light.
Very God of very God.

like rays of light radiating from the sun,
the Son, one with the Father.
Creator of all things.
And therefore,
we worship Him.

(photo credit: Sunrise at Bantam Lake, by Patricia Wilcox)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can see why you know it by heart. It is beautiful (if that is the right word to describe it).