Share with others

29 October 2008

Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Jones

One Crafty Mama reminds me that it is once again Wordful Wednesday over at 7 Clown Circus.

So...
from the archives I bring to you Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Jones. That's me and my sister (me on the left, my sister on the right), in oh, about 1970. I cannot for the life of me remember which of us was Mrs. Smith and which was Mrs. Jones- I have a feeling that we probably never knew!

But, I am quite sure that our Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Jones personas required the wearing of the hats, and of the beads. And, there were probably a couple of purses stuffed to the rim involved. I know this now because I have four girls who have dressed up over the years, and hats and beads and purses are mandatory.

The duckie blow up ball?
I have no idea...

15 comments:

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

How cute! And you are so right about memories that are not replaceable! A magical WW to you!

tiarastantrums said...

love it!

Kelly said...

I love when little girls get dressed up...They put on what ever fancies them at that EXACT moment!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

I think that is so cute!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

You were the cutest little things ever!

Claremont First Ward said...

P.S. I'm so glad you played along today.......:)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness that is so totally cute. Looks just like you too. :)

jenn said...

How cute.

Mandy said...

CUTE!! I love the throwback! Thanks for stopping by!

debi9kids said...

What adorable photos! LOOK at those awesome smiles!!!!

sperlonga said...

Oh, that's great! My mom used to do that with my younger sisters and they would all have coffee together! Only she used her Swedish names like Mrs. Olson and Mrs. Hanson...!
Thought that was little James there at first!
Isn't this fun? Look at all the comments you get????

Anonymous said...

that is sooooo fun! you havent changed a bit mrs. jones ...er....uh mrs. smith! :-)

Jen said...

Great photo. You just gotta love sisters.

C and J said...

Oh, my goodness, that is one of my most favorite pictures ever! The other one in the bathtub is great, too! You were absolutely two of the best cuties ever! I had such great fun with you! XOXOXO, Mom

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Don't you wish we could still dress up and feel that fabulous? Thanks for stopping by my blog :)