Share with others

04 October 2008

What kind of man?

This morning I was here, and notice, at the end, the disciples ask, "What kind of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"

Matthew Henry comments, "They were astonished. They never saw a storm so turned at once into a perfect calm. He that can do this, can do any thing, which encourages confidence and comfort in him, in the most stormy day, within or without, Isa 26:4."

And then I was here, and the disciples question is answered,

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my delieverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn or my salvation and the horn or my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the lord, who is worthy to be praised..."

Reminder- that's who I call on in the stormy days...

(art credit to Rick Lawler, Sea Storm Whidbey Island)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great word! Great art! Thanks for sharing both!