Share with others

06 November 2016

311/366


The answer, the next step, is very important: As there are no little people in God’s sight, so there are no little places. To be wholly committed to God in the place where God wants him—this is the creature glorified. 
- Francis Schaeffer, "No Little People, No Little Places"

Our Sunday routine has become home, shower, laundry, lunch. Today it also included scanning job applications. We could hear the rain as it started to fall, and immediately I wondered how long will the rain last? Will there be rain tonight? Where will she sleep?

Every week I wrestle over what is help. My friend, one who empathizes and knows just how those doubts go, wrote me this week. "I struggle with that always," I read. "Does it help?  Are we making a difference?  But when the Lord brings it our way, it is probably safer to do that which doesn't make sense to us."

No little people, no little places.

I am thankful for 
morning greetings and surprise gifts,
challenged at every turn,
to the praise of Your mercy and grace,
catch up phone calls,
Sunday night rituals, 
and chocolate pie.


No comments: