Share with others

21 January 2010

3 Things Thursday

There is a cardinal and his mate that frequently visit the pine tree that is near a window in our dining room.  One of my girls insists that they nest in the pine, but I am not so sure.  Nevertheless, catching that flash of red out of the corner of my eye never ceases to surpise and delight me.  Today we put out food, special songbird food especially for cardinals, to lure him more frequently.  We'll see.  My great hope is to take a photo of him.  Meanwhile, you'll get the idea with an oil from etsy. 

Found a couple of new blogs to visit.  One is simple, quiet, and sort of entrances me- Habit.  It updates daily but takes just a moment to check.  The other inspires- Urban Sketchers.  Folks from around the globe contribute posts from their sketchbooks.  I love the idea of a sketchbook, and I'm not just saying that because of my on-going love affair with these...  When I was in college and spent a summer in Mexico, we had to keep a journal and it is filled with sketches, mostly from various street corners in central Mexico.  We spent a lot of time waiting that summer...

We delivered meals today, for the first time in nearly a month.  One of our regular ladies is in the hospital.  One lady had people visiting, most likely relatives, that we had never ever seen before.  The toothless Chihuahua didn't try to attack us.  The sweet little old lady was still sweet, and little!  We delivered to a new man, very kind, who kept trying to talk to us even though he was supposed to be doing a breathing treatment for COPD.  He cuts out the menu from the newspaper every Wednesday and informed us that we were delivering sausage and onions.  That explains the bun and mustard...  And yes, someone asked my helper, "why aren't you in school?!" only to hear, "We homeschool and delivering this meal to you is part of our day today."  That softened the questioner considerably!

(art credit:  Winter Cardinal by edunklee @etsy.com)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How nice that you get little red visitors outside your window.