Share with others

08 January 2010

Friday random this and that

Mmmm.  The simplicity of a Wild Cherry Lifesaver...







    So, let me tell you, it's more difficult to snowblow than it looks!  Easier than shoveling, yes, but no walk in the proverbial park.  The beast came out in the negative temps today.  Got that bad boy started up.  Probably used up my lifetime of carbon credits.  Pounded through the drifts.  Widened the path.  Literally.  Made our little corner of the 'hood ped friendly.  K snuck out and captured the moment so you'll know that I'm not just making this entire story up. 
    Still love Half Price Books.  Today I found a new book I've had an eye on for at, well, half price.  Cheaper than the coupon I had for Borders.  Cheaper than Costco.  Same as Amazon, but no shipping fees.  Ok, not as cheap as the library, but no waiting list...  And this one too, hardcover, for just $3.98.  I guess that's enough retail therapy for a girl who has been virtually snowbound all week...
and that's also enough this and that for a Friday.

5 comments:

caron said...

oh sweet! i've wanted to snag kingsolver's latest!! glad you posted about half price books. i usually use pbswap.com but might be won over for books i'd like to keep. now, if they only have m. robinson's "the death of adam".....

ashley said...

How tall is that snow you have?!!?

K said...

c- I know death of adam is non-fiction, but otherwise, what section would I find it?

a- oh, probably a little bit short of 2 feet in the yard. It looks deeper next to where we shovel. I think its the deepest it has been since we moved here...

b said...

It's been super cold (for us) here, too, but no snow. I love Kingsolver. Let us know how this one is. Be wearm! Blessings - B.

Anonymous said...

that snow...i have no words, my friend!