Share with others

18 January 2010

Simple- Monday, January 18, 2010

FOR TODAY, Monday, January 18, 2010...

Outside my window, it is foggy.  Shades of gray seem to fill our color pallette for the last few days, making for a pretty subdued pallette...
I am thinking, a little bit of sun and blue sky would be nice.
I am thankful for modern appliances.  The thought of chicken over the fireplace, laundry in the stream and beating the rugs completely exhausts me!  I am also thankful to be feeling much better than I have been...
From the learning rooms, book summaries, finding the radius of a circle, spelling lists...
From the kitchen, chicken boiling for enchiladas.
I am wearing, a plummy sweater, black t-shirt, blue jeans.
I am remembering how much I disliked spelling!  (shhh... don't tell my girls!)
I am creating thank you notes, prayer lists, an ESL calendar, dinner, clean laundry...
I am going to the Bahamas!  (HA!  only in my mind...  it's so sunny there...)
I am reading War and Peace (yes! finished vol. 1, part 1 and moving on...), Andy Catlett, and All Loves Excelling.
I am listening to a new-to-me download from Sara Groves, Fireflies and Songs.
I am hearing a math lesson downstairs, lunch prep in the kitchen, dog tags jingle on the collar, whistling from the girl next to me.
I am hoping peace, order and relief come to Haiti, even today.
Pondering these words... In Thy presence is fullness of joy; In Thy right hand there are pleasures forever (Psalm 16:11)
One of my favorite things, the smell and warmth of laundry coming out of the dryer in the winter.
A few plans for the rest of the week- the usual.  I'm thankful for routine.

Here is picture I am sharing... a self-portrait taken in front of my washing machine...

For more Simple, visit the Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, I'm reading Andy Catlett too! How did we get to be so much alike!?

Are you going to pre-field training in July? Please, please, please?

caron said...

yo yo...great to read your list. it's fun to imagine your house teeming with energy/life/laundry. :)

yesterday, i slay a monstrous giant mound...and unintentionally let the kids go to bed in their afternoon sweatpants/t-shirts garb. sunbconsciously to save on laundry...? perhaps.