Share with others

10 January 2010

A Challenge, Take 2

'Tis a lesson you should heed,
Try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again.
- Thomas H. Palmer (1782 - 1861) Teacher's Manual (1840)

"If the world could write by itself, it would write like Tolstoy." Issac Babel

A classic.  An epic.  A mammoth work.  Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace.

We started last year, and now, we are try, trying again.
It has to be a "we" project, because left to myself, it would never get done.  That's what friends are for, right?

So, my most dear friend and exceedingly logical partner in this project has mapped out a reading plan and we start this week.  More or less, a mere 100 pages a week, bite-sized chunks from a literary feast.  We have help.  We might even have questions, and discussion!

Want to join us?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you got it, sista!

i think we can, i think we can...

:-)

i am starting momentarily...

b said...

You go, girl! I'm impressed. Hmmm...I'll have to see if I have a copy. I've never read it but would like to say that I had! Perhaps I shall join you... :-) B.

sperlonga said...

But you're probably already way in to it, right? I'd start with you....

K said...

We are starting this week. So you are not yet a bit behind if you want to join us! I got a couple hundred pages into it last year, but I'm starting fresh now.