Share with others

31 January 2010

hidden away on a Sunday afternoon...

I can barely hear the voices playing Wii two floors below.  I hear the hum of the computer, the ticking of the old ship's clock, and my old house creak and groan.  It's chilly in here, but a hot mug to hold warms the hands.  Outside the colors are muted, in anticipation of the next storm to come, I lament.  But I am sequestered, self-sequestered, and it is good. Sunday afternoon silence.  Ahhh.

A new look for the blog.  It took only a few clicks. (and I was so worried!)  Nothing fancy.  We are in a simplifying mode around our house.  Simple here on the blog, too, I suppose.

Look!  Here's a picture of a chickadee on my porch.  Being a nature photographer is more difficult than you might expect it to be.  Still haven't caught Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal, except for a blur.  And I'm not at all satisfied with this photo.  But I took it through a dirty window, two dirty windows when you count the storm window, and I confess, I wasn't about to commit to sitting very still on the porch on a very cold day, so for now, this is as good as it gets.  Well, in all truth, it's a bit better than it gets, because thanks to "color enhance" on the GIMP software, it actually looks like there was blue sky on Friday afternoon.  There wasn't. 

Went on a date in the next-door-'hood for pizza last night- to Pitch.  Dee-lish.  It's a hip and new place, much more hip than I am (but not more hip than my date, of course...), and it was crazy crowded.  But there were only the two of us, not the usual "table for 7," so we squeezed into a little space in front of the front window.  We feasted on a beet and butternut squash salad that was Amazing.  And a Blanco pizza with onions and prosciutto and argula on top of coal-fired crusty goodness, accompanied by a beer with "a bright flavor and lively, citrus hop character remind us that the warm days of spring are just a few weeks away" for the guy and a glass o' vino for me.  Not to mention, of course, the company of my beloved- a good night.

And finally.  This morning I read from Psalm 27-
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD
And to meditate in His temple.
Oh the glory of worship, of being in His house, of singing unto Him, of confession and assurance, of teaching that challenges and encourages, of being with His people.  It is a marvelous gift.

Blessings!

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

The new look is lovely, and that pizza, mmm, have to check that place out!

caron said...

oh! yes! sounds absolutely perfect: the time alone, the date, beer & pizza.