Share with others

31 January 2010

"The most beautiful thing in the world is a match well made." Emma Woodhouse

In case you were wondering...  :-)
my match for the Bachelors of Highbury quiz is... 

Mr. George Knightley

"You might not see one in a hundred with gentleman so plainly written as in Mr. Knightley."

You're looking for the complete package: a man with brains, good looks, a great job, perfect manners and a sizeable fortune to boot. Well, today's your lucky day.

As Highbury's wealthiest landowner and all-around great guy, Mr. Knightley is what your mother meant by "a good catch." He's a "sensible man" with a "cheerful manner" who loves his family and friends and has no patience for vanity or drama. Direct, down-to-earth and happily duty-bound, he proves time and again that chivalry is alive and well. He's a reluctant dancer but an astute judge of character and a trustworthy confidant. Overt displays of emotion or affection aren't exactly his thing, but you couldn't ask for a more caring or thoughtful friend.

No one's perfect, so you'll have to work through disagreements now and then (usually over something you've said or done). But, if you can get over his being right most of the time, you two should enjoy a fine life together indeed.

Thank goodness it wasn't creepy Mr. Elton!

6 comments:

flora said...

I am matched with Mr. Martin.
He looks like a nice guy. Plus, he's a farmer! We like farmers! :-)

norsk said...

Oh, my, it's Mr. Woodhouse for me!

Julie said...

Mr. Knightly for me too! We can fight over him I guess.

C and J said...

Oh, My! From the descriptions, it sounds as if I have my perfect own Mr. Knightley here as my very own husband! You know, some fairy tales and fiction novels actually turn out to be true! I am truly blessed, thank God! May the rest of you be so blessed! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Isn't this such a fun get away! Sunday night 'dates'! I am going crazy because the man playing Mr. Elton has been in another and I cannot place it...do you recall? K, might remember...she is a lot younger than we! :-)

sperlonga said...

Stella, I looked him up. IMDB solves ALL our movie character mysteries! He's also in Mansfield Park, but I didn't recognize anything else.
I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I've seen and read the story a bagillion times. Love this story! Mr. Knightly is such an ANCHOR for Emma!