Share with others

04 January 2010

Simple- January 4

FOR TODAY... Monday, January 4, 2010

Outside my window... COLD (currently the kitchen thermometer reads -8.7) and very dark. 

I am thankful for... a warm house, a quiet house, the promise of the new day ahead.

I am wearing... flannel pajama bottoms and a Benson baseball hoodie.  (but not for long, I promise!)

I am remembering... what a very good weekend we had, restful, sweet fellowship with dear friends, being home for worship.

I am going... to deliver a couple of piano students to lessons and to the grocery store for a much needed restock this afternoon, and then to ESL classes this evening.

I am currently reading... All Loves Excelling by John Bunyan in the morning, and 'Til We Have Faces by CS Lewis.

I am hoping... for a peaceful week, for sunny skies, to make a huge dent in the mountain of laundry that awaits me today.

On my mind... resuming ESL classes this evening after a two week break for Christmas.

Noticing that... clutter and mess sure builds up more quickly than order does!

Pondering these words... “In the time of trouble and calamity, yet still it is well with the righteous, because God doth cover his people in the time of trouble, he hides them in the storm; God hath a care to hide his jewels, and will not let them be carried away.” Thomas Watson, via Nancy Wilson at Femina.

From the kitchen... chili, salad and cornbread on the menu for this evening- easy and warm for when our family is to be scattered on a cold evening- some to church for ESL, some to soccer practice...

Around the house... clean up, laundry, resuming schoolwork.

One of my favorite things... walking into church, greeting friends after being away, the familiarity and comfort of worship.


From my picture journal... our walk as we arrived home last Thursday late afternoon.  So thankful for our neighbor boy who shoveled snow for us while we were away!

For more Simple entries, check out the Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

Karen said...

oh my! That IS cold, I won't complain about our temps today!

sperlonga said...

Glad that we are BOTH home again! Isn't the deep snow absolutely amazing?

Michelle said...

Mmmmm, can I come over for dinner?